Generally speaking, your application process is the same as for national applicants. There are a few exceptions that may or may not apply to you.

  • If you are applying with a bachelor’s degree from a country outside the European Union / Switzerland / Liechtenstein / Iceland / Norway you will have to turn in an application with Uni Assist before the end of the application period, for more details around this process please refer here: Please note that you only have to apply with Uni-Assist before the end of the application period, you can turn in the respective Uni –Assist document (VPD) at TUM once Uni – Assist has provided you with it (please send it via email directly to and include your applicant’s number).Since the preliminary documentation (VPD) from Uni-Assist is valid for all Master degree programmes at TUM, you do not need to enter a specific programme name when applying for the documentation. Please select “alle Fächer” / “all programmes” on the Uni-Assist website.
  • In addition, there are a few countries where there are special requirements in place as well: