Digitalization is transforming vast areas of our live and new technologies are fundamentally changing the way companies work. From processes to business models and management styles – everything must be put to the test. The Center for Digital Transformation (CDT) researches issues related to digitalization, its challenges, and opportunities. Our goal is to develop solutions through practice-oriented research and thus generate direct benefits for the economy and society. New findings flow directly into teaching to prepare our students for the tasks of the future.
Center for Digital Transformation
How companies are changing
the way they operate
21ST September 2021
You have the opportunity of a post exam review. Please note that a registration is required. In order to register, an e-mail should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of the Student
- Student Identity Number
- Exams to review
Registration is possible between 21.09.2021 and 04.10.2021.
The review is only offered for the examinations of Prof. Dr. Jingui Xie (WIHN0001o).
15TH AUGUST 2021
ReGISTER NOW FOR THE NEXT SUPPY CHAIN FINANCE HUB
The next Supply Chain Finance Hub will address the opportunities and challenges of supporting supply chain finance with blockchain technology. As a participant you will learn from the knowledge and experience of our top speakers coming from leading firms and universities as well as hear about the latest research on the topic, introduced by the host Prof. David Wuttke. More information at www.wi.tum.de/hub.
7th September 2021
REGISTRATION FOR CDT SEminar SERIES
At CDT we host talks by leading experts as part of the CDT Seminar Series.
The talks take place 3-4 times per semester on a Wednesday from 1 to 2:30 PM German time.
Participation in our online seminars is now open to everyone – if you are interested, please register below.
21st JuLY 2021
Research on esg risks and banking regulation
A research project by Prof. Sebastian Müller (CDT) and Prof. Gunther Friedl (Dean of the TUM School of Management, Munich) on ESG risks and banking regulation was funded by the Frankfurt Institute for Risk Management and Regulation (FIRM e.V.). The results were presented at the FIRM research conference in June 2021 and recently discussed in this article in the Börsenzeitung.
6th July 2021
Prof. Wuttke receives outstanding Reviewer Award
Prof. Wuttke has been selected for IJOPM’s 2020 Best Reviewer Award for his excellent reviews in 2020 for the International Journal of Operations & Production Management. The award acknowledges an outstanding set of reviewers who provided reviews not only consistently on time, but who also stood out in terms of the level of constructive and developmental feedback, the value added to the authors and the comprehensiveness and dedication of their reviews.
23rd/24th June 2021
Workshop on Digital Technologies in Operations Management
How do new technologies affect operations management? Will blockchain lead to better supply chain financing? Will augmented reality systematically improve the commissioning of new manufacturing processes? These were some of the questions discussed by researchers from around the world at the first Workshop on Digital Technologies in Operations Management, organized by Prof. Wuttke and Prof. Kiesmüller and held online due to the pandemic.
Virtual reality was also used for two interactive research-industry roundtables, where the 30 workshop participants met online with their VR headsets, represented by their avatars. The first roundtable focused on autonomous driving, while the second looked at virtual and augmented reality in research and education. The next Workshop on Digital Technologies in Operations Management will be held on site if possible.
21st June 2021
Prof. Förderer comments in HANDELSBLATT on the antitrust investigations of Apple by the Bundeskartellamt (German Federal Cartel Office)
Prof. Jens Förderer comments on the investigations of the Bundeskartellamt (German Federal Cartel Office) on Apple’s market power, particularly the AppStore. Read the full article in the newspaper HANDELSBLATT here.
10th June 2021
Prof. Wuttke receives outstanding Reviewer Award
Prof. Wuttke receives the Outstanding Reviewer Award of the International Journal of Production Economics for his excellent reviews in 2020.
9th April 2021
Prof. Kiesmüller has joined Lund University as a guest Professor
Prof. Kiesmüller has joined Lund University (Sweden) as a guest professor where she collaborates with Prof. Marklund from the Division of Production Management. Their common research interests have resulted in joint research projects about the coordination of inventory and transportation management.
04th February 2021
Review of Current Literature on Platforms
A recent literature review on platform management tactics has appeared as part of the Proceedings of the European Conference on Information Systems. The research project has been co-authored by Prof. Dr. Jens Förderer.
The review brings together work that has so far been dispersed over different academic disciplines and distills different types of management tactics that platform companies can use to manage their partners and ecosystems. Find more Information here.
27th January 2021
Research Grant on Competition in Platform Markets
The German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) has recently announced to fund a research project on the platform economy headed by Prof. Dr. Jens Förderer.
The project, titled “Competition with the Platform Owner: An Empirical-quantitative Investigation of Mobile App Platforms”, seeks to study the competition between platform companies and their partners. Platform firms such as Amazon and Apple have been criticized for being too powerful, and part of this criticism has been related to the observation that platform companies enter the markets of their partners with own rival products. Such entries can represent an existential threat for many firms that currently build their business on platforms. However, so far, it remains little understood when complementors face competition with platform companies. The research project will, amongst other questions, investigate the causes of competition between platform companies and their complementors.
20th January 2021
Research project on platforms and privacy presented at wise 2020
A recent research project of Prof. Dr. Jens Förderer and Tobias Kircher was presented at the 31st Workshop on Information Systems and Economics, held from December 16-19 2020.
The project, titled “Does Consumer Privacy Harm Innovation? Evidence from Google’s Enforcement of COPPA in Android’s Market for Kids-Games” investigates an important question faced by platform companies: should they encourage privacy on their platforms? While privacy fosters user adoption, it potentially harms complementary innovation. So far, little is known about the actual consequences of privacy on innovation. The paper is currently being finalized and will shortly appear as a working paper on this website.
WISE is the primary academic forum for the discussion of cutting-edge information systems research questions related to business and economic outcomes.
29th March 2021
Prof. Kiesmüller receives Outstanding Reviewer Award
Prof. Kiesmüller received the Outstanding Reviewer Award of the journal “OR Spectrum – Quantitative Approaches in Management” for her excellent reviews in 2020.
10th February 2021
Prof. Dr. Jens Förderer nominated for the VHB-Nachwuchspreis
Prof. Dr. Jens Förderer’s recent research paper “Interfirm Exchange and Innovation in Platform Ecosystems: Evidence from Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference” has been nominated for the VHB-Nachwuchspreis. The VHB-Nachwuchspreis honors outstanding research papers by junior faculty members and is awarded by the German Academic Association of Business Research (VHB). Find more information here.
15th June 2021
Supply Chain Finance Hub taken up in logistik heute
The journal LOGISTIK HEUTE takes up the important topic of sustainable supply chain finance and reports, among other things, on our Supply Chain Finance Hub on 19 May 2021, organized by Prof. David Wuttke. Read the full article here.
14th April 2021
Prof. Wuttke HOSTS the supply chain finance hub on 19-21 may 2021
Prof. Wuttke is organizing the Supply Chain Finance Hub on Increasing Sustainability Performance with Supply Chain Finance on 19 May 2021. Participants will learn from the knowledge and experience of top speakers from leading industries as well as hear about the latest research on the topic and interact in networking sessions and the two accompanying workshops on 20 and 21 May.
More information at www.wi.tum.de/hub.
22ND April 2021
Prof. KIESMÜLLER and prof. Wuttke took part in girls day at tum campus heilbronn on 22 April 2021
On Girls’ Day, colleagues at TUM Campus Heilbronn encouraged schoolgirls to take up professions that are not typical for their gender. The girls particularly enjoyed the many personal reports on the experiences of female students and professors like Prof. Gudrun Kiesmüller who also gave helpful advice to the girls. A highlight was the virtual reality lecture by Prof. David Wuttke who presented how school lessons might look like in the future. Read more in the newspaper article of Heilbronner Stimme (in German).
1St March 2021
Virtual Research day at the Center for Digital Transformation
On 26th February 2021, twelve young researchers of the Center for Digital Transformation presented their ongoing and planned research projects. The presentations on the impact of digital technologies on operations as well as the effect of digitalization on financial markets were followed by lively and constructive discussions. New opportunities for firms with digital platforms were the subject of debate, too, as they provide the infrastructure for example for supply chain finance. Further topics with a reference to the current situation included research on intensive care unit management decisions. The young scientists demonstrated their deep methodological knowledge in the fields of econometrics, game theory, robust optimization, Markov decision processes, and machine learning. The great success of the day was also achieved through the valuable feedback of the senior researchers from the Center for Digital Transformation.
9th June 2021
Prof. Dr. Florian Weigert presents at the CDT Seminar Series
On 9 June 2021, Prof. Dr. Florian Weigert, Professor of Financial Risk Management at the University of Neuchâtel in Switzerland presented his recent work on Hedge Funds and the Positive Idiosyncratic Volatility Effect during the CDT Seminar Series. Thank you for your insightful talk and the Q&A session!
5th May 2021
Dr. Gar Goei Loke presents at the CDT Seminar Series
On 5 May 2021, Dr. Gar Goei Loke, Visiting Assistant Professor with the Department of Analytics & Operations at the National University of Singapore (NUS) Business School, presented his recent work on Inventory-Responsive Donor Management Policy – A Tandem Network Model during the CDT Seminar Series. Thank you for joining us for this interesting talk!
28th April 2021
Dr. Dominik Gutt presents at the CDT Seminar Series
On 28 April 2021, Dr. Dominik Gutt, Assistant Professor of Technology & Operations Management at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, presented his recent work on The Rise of Robo-Reviews – The Effects of Chatbot-Mediated Review Elicitation on Online Reviews during the CDT Seminar Series. Thank you for the insightful presentation!
Prof. Dr. Gudrun P. Kiesmüller
Director Center for Digital Transformation (CDT)
Professor of Operations Management
- ICU capacity management, healthcare data analytics, application of reinforcement learning
- Lecture: Introduction to Operations Management, bachelor
- Software course: Simulation in Service Operations Management, bachelor
- Seminar: Service Operations Management, bachelor
- Healthcare Operations Management, master
- Exercise: Performance Analysis in Stochastic Systems, master
- Supervise master and bachelor thesis
- Bai, J., Brunner, J.O. 2019 Deep reinforcement learning supported intensive care unit decision making, working paper.
- Bai, J., Gerstmeyr, S. 2019 Simulation and evaluation of the ICU management policies, accepted by Winter Simulation Conference 2020.
- Bai, J., Fügener, A., Gönsch, J., Brunner, J.O., Blobner, M. 2019. Managing admission and discharge processes in intensive care units. Working paper.
- Bai, J., Fügener, A., Schoenfelder, J., Brunner, J.O., 2018. Operations research in intensive care unit management: a literature review. Health Care Management Science. 21, 1–24.
Conference and Workshop Presentations
- Bai, J., Brunner, J.O. 2017 Managing the admission and discharge processes in the intensive care unit, 21th Conference of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies, Quebec City, Canada.
- Bai, J., Fügener, A., Brunner, J.O. 2016 Optimizing Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Planning by Markov Decision Process, International Annual Conference of the German Operations Research Society, Hamburg, Germany.
- Bai, J., Brunner, J.O. 2015 Optimization of admission and discharge decisions in the Intensive Care Units (ICU), GPOM Workshop, Munich
- Bai, J., Brunner, J.O. 2014 Admission Scheduling of Intensive Care Units (ICU), GPOM Workshop, Augsburg.
- Jun 2013 – June 2020 Research & Teaching Assistant, Chair of Health Care Operations/ Health Information Management, University of Augsburg
- Jan 2011 – Mar 2011 Intern in R&D Centre of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Takasago, Japan
- Oct 2010 – Feb 2011 Teaching Assistant in Department of Industrial Engineering, Tsinghua University , China
- Apr 2010 – Oct 2010 Manager Assistant in Central I.E. in Continental AG, Frankfurt, Germany
- Since Sep 2011 Doctoral Candidate, CDSB, Uni. Mannheim
- Aug 2008 – Jun 2011 Master of Industrial Engineering, Tsinghua University, China
- Mar2009 – Sep 2010 Master of Production Systems Engineering, RWTH Aachen
- Aug 2004 – Jul 2008 Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, Tsinghua University, China
Phone: +49 7131 264 18 817
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- Asset Management
- Textual Analysis in Finance
- Since 07/2020 Research and teaching assistant at the Center of Digital Transformation, Technical University of Munich
- 08/2019 – 07/2020 Quantitative Consultant at d-fine GmbH
- 03/2018 – 09/2018 Internship at Funding Circle (P2P Lender)
- 02-2017 – 05/2017 Internship at KFW Bankengruppe
- 10/2016 – 06/2019 M.Sc. Economics, Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn
- 10/2013 – 03/2016 B.Sc. in Economics, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
Phone: +49 7131 264 18 822
- Machine Learning in Finance
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- International Stock Markets
- Since 10/2020 Research and teaching assistant at the Center for Digital Transformation, Technical University of Munich
- Since 07/2020 Research Assistent Brandenburgische Technische Universität Cottbus-Senftenberg
- 10/2019 – 03/2020 Internship at HSBC Trinkaus & Burkhardt AG
- 04/2019 – 09/2019 Internship at KPMG AG
- 09/2018 – 04/2019 Internship at SAP SE
- 02/2016 – 03/2016 Internship at China Construction Bank
- 07/2014 – 08/2014 Internship at BOSCH
- 09/2017 – 07/2020 M.Sc. Business Research (Finance), University of Mannheim
- 09/2014 – 08/2017 B.A. in Business Administration, Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
- 09/2012 – 06/2014 B.A. in Business Administration, Hunan University
Phone: +49 7131 264 18 809
- IT economics
- The economic consequences of privacy
- Platform governance
- Empirical Research in Economics and Management (Bachelor)
- Empirical Research in Economics and Management (Master)
- 2012-2019: working student jobs, internships and trainee program – e. g. with Munich Re, Deutsche Bank, KPMG, Bosch, Merck and Zeiss
- 2018 Semester abroad at the Polytechnic University of Hong Kong, China
- 2016 Internship with Bosch in Charleston, SC, USA
- 2014/15 Semester abroad at the Fudan University in Shanghai, China
- Languages: German, English, French, Chinese
Academic career and education:
- Since October 2019 Research Associate and Doctoral Candidate at the professorship for Innovation & Digitalization, Center for Digital Transformation, Technical University of Munich
- 2016 – 2018 Master of Science in Management, University of Mannheim
- 2012 – 2015 Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Ludwig-Maximilian-University of Munich
Phone: +49 7131 264 18 811
- Platform Economies & Digital Business Models
- Hate Speech on Social Platforms
- Economics and Management of Digital Platforms
- Since 05/2021: Research Assistant at the Center for Digital Transformation, TUM School of Management
- 03/2021 – 05/2021: Consulting Intern at Oliver Wyman, Munich (Management Consulting)
- 09/2019 – 03/2021: Working Student at Atos IT Solutions & Services GmbH, Vienna (IT Consulting & Project Management)
- 02/2020 – 02/2021: Student Assistant at Vienna University of Economics and Business, Vienna
- 07/2020 – 09/2021: Consulting Intern at KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, Munich (ERP Consulting)
- 06/2019 – 07/2019: Intern at KUKA AG, Augsburg (Core Business Consulting)
- 10/2016 – 06/2018: Working Student at MAN Energy Solutions, Augsburg (Quality Management)
- 2019 Semester Abroad at Carleton University (Ottawa, Canada)
- 2018 Semester Abroad at Örebro Universitet (Örebro, Sweden)
- Languages: German, English, French, Spanish, Italian
- Since 05/2021 Doctoral Candidate at the Center for Digital Transformation, TUM School of Management
- 10/2019 – 04/2021 Master of Science in Information Systems, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- 10/2016 – 09/2019 Bachelor of Science in Global Business Management, Augsburg University
Phone: +49 7131 264 18 827
- Robust Optimization and Joint Stochastic Estimation
- Sept. 2020 – present: Research Assistant at Center of Digital Transformation, TUM School of Management.
- Aug. 2019 – May 2020: Teaching Assistant at University of Southern California
- 2018 – 2020: Master of Science in Financial Engineering, University of Southern California
- 2014 – 2018: Bachelor of Science in Statistics, University of Science and Technology of China
Phone: +49 7131 264 18 818
- Supply Chain Finance
- Supply Chain Risk Management
- Econometric Analysis in Supply Chain Management
- 12/2020 – present Research Associate at Technical University of Munich
- 05/2019 – 11/2019 Research Intern at European Research Center for Information Systems
- 01/2018 – 03/2018 Intern at Deloitte
- 09/2016 – 05/2018 Tutor at Writing and Academic Resource Center
- 12/2020 – present Doctoral Candidate in Supply Chain Management, Technical University of Munich
- 09/2018 – 09/2020 M.Sc. in Public Sector Innovation and eGovernance, KU Leuven
- 07/2018 Hansen Leadership Institute, University of San Diego
- 08/2014 – 06/2018 B.A. in Business Administration, American University of Central Asia
Marlenova, B. (2020, October). A data model for semantic interoperability between government agencies delivering tax services. Research presented at SEMIC Conference 2020 organized by European Commission
Phone: +49 7131 264 18 824
- Combinatorial Optimization
- Applied Operations Research
- Metaheuristics in Transportation Optimization
- Urban Mobility Planning
- July 2020 – present: Research Fellow at Center of Digital Transformation, TUM School of Management.
- August 2019 – June 2020: Intern in Mathematical Optimization at FlixBus.
- October 2018 – July 2019: Student Assistant at Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg.
- October 2017 – June 2020: MSc in Operations Research and Business Analytics, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg.
- September 2009 – September 2013: BSc in Business Administration, FPT University in Vietnam.
Phone: +49 7131 264 18 821
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- International Stock Markets
- Advanced Seminar in Finance & Accounting
- Empirical Research Project
- International Factor Models. Available online here.
- Since 04/20 Research and teaching assistant at the Center of Digital Transformation, Technical University of Munich
- Since 08/19 Quantitative Consultant, EY Eschborn/Frankfurt
- 09/2018-03/2019 Working Student, Business Intelligence & Risk Model Solutions, MEAG, Munich
- 09/2017-02/2018 Internship, Data Scientist, AUDI AG, Neckarsulm
- 01/2016-03/2017 Consultant, MHP – A Porsche Company, Ludwigsburg
- 04/2017 – 04/2019: MSc in Mathematics in Operations Research, Technical University of Munich
- 10/2012 – 01/2016: BSc in Physics, Ruprecht-Karls-University in Heidelberg
Phone: +49 7131 264 18 810
- Multi-echelon inventory management
- Advance demand information
- Ralfs, J., Kiesmüller, G. P. “Inventory Management with Advance Demand Information and Flexible Shipment Consolidation”
- Ralfs, J., Kiesmüller, G. P. „Optimal Outbound Shipment Quantities for an Inventory System with Advance Demand Information
- 04/2018 – 06/2018 Tutor for “Produktion, Logisitk und Operations Research” at the Chair of Operations Management, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
- 07/2017 – 09/2018 Student assistant at the Chair of Operations Management, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
- 04/2017 – 06/2017 Tutor for “Produktion, Logisitk und Operations Research” at the Chair of Operations Management, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
- 11/2015 – 09/2016 Internship, Daimler AG, Hamburg
Academic career and education:
- since 04/2020 Research and teaching assistant at the professorship for Operations Management, Center for Digital Transformation, Technical University of Munich
- 10/2018 – 03/2020 Research and teaching assistant at the Chair of Operations Management, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
- 10/2016 – 09/2018 Master-Study in Engineering Economics, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
- 10/2012 – 09/2016 Bachelor-Study in Engineering Economics, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 7131 264 18 816
- Fochmann, M., Sachs, F., Sadrieh, A., & Weimann, J. (2018). The two sides of public debt: Intergenerational altruism and burden shifting. PloS one, 13(8), e0202963
- Christens, S., Dannenberg, A., & Sachs, F. (2019). Identification of individuals and groups in a public goods experiment. Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics
- Kiesmüller, G.P., Sachs, F.E. (2019). Spare Parts or Buffer? How to Design a Transfer Line with Unreliable Machines. European Journal of Operational Research
- System Design of Unreliable Flow Lines with Critical Machine Components. 07/2020, GPOM
- Spare Parts or Buffer? How to Design a Transfer Line with Unreliable Machines. 05/2018,
POMS 2018, Houston
- Evaluation of Unreliable Flow Lines with Spare Parts Provisioning.06/2019, EURO 2019, Dublin
- Since 03/2020 Research associate and doctoral candidate at the professorship for Operations Management, Center of Digital Transformation, Technical University of Munich
- 06/2016 – 02/2020 Laborator Manager at the Magdeburg Experimental Laboratory of Economic Research, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
- 10/2015 – 12/2015 Internship, German Research Center for Artficial Intelligence, Kaiserslautern
- 01/2015 – 05/2016 Student assistant at the Magdeburg Experimental Laboratory of Economic Research, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
- 07/2013 – 06/2015 Student assistant at the Faculty of Mathematics, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
- 07/2011 – 12/2014 Student assistant at the Chair in E-Business, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
- 10/2017 – 02/2020 Research aassociate and doctoral candidate at the Chair of Operations Management, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
- 07/2015 – 07/2017 Master-Study in Business Mathematics, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
- 10/2010 – 06/2015 Bachelor-Study in Business Mathematics, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 7131 264 18 815
- Supply chain risk management
- Supply chain finance
- Application of game theory in supply chain
- August 2020 – Present: Research Associate at Center of Digital Transformation, TUM School of Management.
- April 2018 – July 2020: Logistics specialist at Hella GmbH & Co. KGaA
- January 2018 – March 2018: Supply Planner at Tempo Team Personaldienstleistungen GmbH.
- August 2016 – December 2016: Intern at Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG.
- July 2012 – July 2014: Design Engineer at Tata Technologies Ltd., Chennai (India)
- October 2014 – September 2017: MSc in Global Production Engineering, Technical University of Berlin
- August 2008 – May 2012: BE in Mechanical Engineering, Anna University, Chennai (India)
Phone: +49 7131 264 18 814
- Platform Economics and Innovation
- Empirical Methods
- Accompanying Seminar for Bachelor and Master Theses (Prof. Förderer)
- Advanced Seminars in Innovation & Entrepreneurship: Digital Innovation
- Since 06/2021: Research Assistant at the Center for Digital Transformation, TUM School of Management
- 01/2021 – 03/2021 Student Assistant, Chair of Economic History, LMU-Munich
- 01/2020 – 06/2020 Student Assistant, Chair of Internet Businesses and Services (IBIS), LMU-Munich
- 02/2018 – 07/2018 Student Assistant, Department of Health Care Management, University of Hamburg
- 08/2017 – 10/2017 Internship, CEG Europe, Düsseldorf
- 06/2015 – 09/2015 Internship, Jet Tankstellen Deutschland GmbH, Hamburg
Academic career and education
- Since 06/2021 Doctoral Candidate at the Center for Digital Transformation, TUM School of Management
- 10/2018 – 03/2021 Master of Economics, Ludwig-Maximillian-University of Munich
- 10/2015 – 09/2018 Bachelor of Economics (Volkswirtschaftslehre), University of Hamburg
Phone: +49 7131 264 18 828
- Robust Optimization and Joint Stochastic Estimation
- Machine Learning and its applications in healthcare
- 09/2019-12/2020: Research Assistant at the University of Pittsburgh, USA
- 02/2018-05/2018: Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer Intern at SmartEye, Shenzhen, China
- 01/2021-Present: Ph.D. Candidate at the Technical University of Munich, Germany
- 08/2019-12/2020: Master of Science in Industrial Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
- 09/2015-05/2019: Bachelor of Science in Statistics, Chinese University of Hong Kong
Phone: +49 7131 264 18 825
- August 2019 – January 2020: Data Science Intern at Munich Re Group.
- March 2013 – October 2014: Event Executive at Harmony Trading Service.
- July 2012 – February 2013: Business Development at The Central Art joint-stock Company.
- October 2017 – October 2020: MSc in Operations Research and Business Analytics, Otto von Guericke University
- October 2014 – September 2017: BSc in International Business and Economics, Otto von Guericke University
- July 2008 – July 2012: BSc in Language Studies, University of Finance and Marketing.
Phone: +49 713126418 826
Interested in more Information and/or Collaboration?
- With our strong expertise in Data-driven Decision-making, Digital Platforms and our research on the Impact of Digital Technologies on Business, we are striving to collaborate with academic and corporate partners.
- If you are interested in more information about the Center for Digital Transformation and/or in collaborating with us, please get in contact with Dr. Franziska Schmidt.
Bildungscampus 9, 74076 Heilbronn
Monday 1 pm – 3 pm
Tuesday 9 am – 12 pm & 1 pm – 3 pm
Wednesday 1 pm – 3 pm
Thursday 9 am – 12 pm & 1 pm – 3 pm
Friday 9 am – 12 pm
16 September 2021
PhD Position in Joint Prediction and Optimization
(Pay Group 13 TV-L, 100%)
We are looking for a doctoral student (m/f/d) in the field of operations & analytics in the School of Management, TUM Campus in Heilbronn under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Jingui Xie for a limited period of 3 years with possible extensions. The possibility of a doctorate is given and desired. The candidate is expected to construct a theoretical framework that integrates predictive analytics (i.e., statistical estimation or machine learning) and prescriptive analytics (i.e., mathematical programming or control theory) using innovative ideas such as robust optimization, and apply the new methodology in analyzing healthcare data to support decision makers.
For more information click here.